- M. Mojahedi , Associate Professor
B.Sc. (New Mexico), M.S. (New Mexico), Ph.D. (New Mexico)
- Research Interests: Matter wave interactions, abnormal velocities, meta-materials, photonic crystals, dispersion engineering, quantum dots and wells lasers, fundamental electromagnetic theory, periodic structures, macro and nano-scale microwave and photonic systems.
- Courses: ECE115: Electricity and Magnetism
ECE320: Fields and Waves
ECE357: Electricity and Magnetism
ECE1251: Matter Wave Interaction
ECE1228: Electromagnetic Theory
- Selected publications:
- M. S. Wheeler, J. S. Aitchison, and M. Mojahedi, "Coated Non-magnetic Spheres with a Negative Index of Refraction at Infrared Frequencies." Physical Review B, Vol. 73, pp. 045105-1: 045105-7, January 6, 2006
- M. S. Wheeler, J. S. Aitchison, and M. Mojahedi, "Three-dimensional Array of Dielectric Spheres with an Isotropic Negative Permeability at Infrared Frequencies." Physical Review B (Brief Reports), Vol. 72, pp. 193103-1: 193103-4, November 2005.
- M. S. Wheeler, J. S. Aitchison, and M. Mojahedi, "Negative refraction in a photonic crystal with a metallic cross lattice basis," Physical Review B, Vol. 71, pp. 155106-1:155106-8, April 2005.
- J. F. Woodley, M. Mojahedi, "Negative Group Velocity and Group Delay in Left-Handed Media," Physical Review E, Vol. 70, pp. 046603(1)-046603(6), October 2004.
- O. F. Siddiqui, S. J. Erickson, G. V. Eleftheriades, and M. Mojahedi, "Time-Domain Measurement of Negative Group Delay in Negative-Refractive-Index Transmission-Line Metamaterials," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 52, pp. 1449-1454, May 2004